Full of distinguished playfulness, Knight illuminates with her slender cello sound. She plays with fine strokes and a chamber music-like grace, opening up new horizons for the "concert piece" that Schumann wanted to be understood as a cheerful fantasy with three successive attacca movements.Concerti Magazin (Peter Krause)
This is an instructive and well-recorded programme that sheds new light on Schumann’s concerto, stripping it back to a time before editorial and executant additions. More than that, perhaps, is the subtly adjusted ethos of the work that emerges in performance. Add the previously unrecorded Piattis and you have a vibrant addition to the discography.”MusicWeb International (Jonathan Woolf)
Josephine is an experienced chamber player having appeared at the world’s most prestigious festivals.
- Josephine Knight talks to Presto Classical about her new Schumann CD
- [Video] Josephine Knight records Schumann and Piatti
- The Violin Channel interviews Josephine Knight about her Schumann discovery
- [Video] Josephine Knight uncovers the original Schumann Cello Concerto
- [Video] Josephine Directs the Academy Cello Ensemble